Tuesday, October 23, 2012

You Are More

I am not defined by my mistakes.



Tenth Avenue North - You Are More
Psalms 130:1-8 A song for pilgrims ascending to Jerusalem. From the depths of despair, O LORD, I call for Your help.  2  Hear my cry, O Lord. Pay attention to my prayer.

3  LORD, if You kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could ever survive?  4  But You offer forgiveness, that we might learn to fear You.  5  I am counting on the LORD; yes, I am counting on Him. I have put my hope in His word.

6 I long for the Lord more than sentries long for the dawn, yes, more than sentries long for the dawn.  7 O Israel, hope in the LORD; for with the LORD there is unfailing love. His redemption overflows. He Himself will redeem Israel from every kind of sin.
Often it is when we get to the lowest point possible that we realize that we have only one choice and we finally call on God. Maybe we are too full of pride and are unwilling to seek God's help until we are at the very end of our options. Maybe we are too ashamed and need to be reminded that God isn't keeping score, our ledger book is full of everything that we ever did wrong, God's ledger is full of forgiveness.

We are freed from our past

Titus 2:14  He gave His life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us His very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds.
I can have a fresh start each day because of God's love for me, the things that I have done are powerless against what he has done, my mistakes and the problems that I have made for myself are nothing. I am a new creation in Christ because he has redeemed me, all of my faults have been covered by God's son, I can take comfort in knowing that it is as if I never did any of them.

Redeem - Verb /riˈdēm/  To compensate for the faults or bad aspects of something.

It is so awesome to know that all of those things have been forgotten and now I am a child of God that has been cleansed and I can live in victory over my past.