Monday, July 16, 2012

Second Chances

The cross changes everything for us.


Rend Collective Experiment - Second Chances

My future hangs on this
You make preciousness from dust
Please don't stop creating me

Your blood offers the chance
To rewind to innocence
Reborn, perfect as a child

CHORUS:
Oh Your cross, it changes everything
There my world begins again with You
Oh Your cross, it's where my hope restarts
A second chance is Heaven's heart

When sin and ugliness
Collide with redemption's kiss
Beauty awakens by romance

Always inside this mess
I have found forgiveness
Mercy as infinite as You

Countless second chances
We've been given at the cross

Fragments of brokenness
Salvaged by the art of grace
You craft life from our mistakes
Black skies of my regrets
Outshone by this kindness
New life dawns over my soul

Our world needs change that's for sure but the part that confuses people is where the change needs to begin. There are all kinds of man made ideas about how to change things, everything from politics to social reform, the same things that man has been trying for centuries but the source of change that we need is found in the Bible.

God's word tells us about the real change that we need, the change that gave me a bright future, it also changed the way that I live and how I treat others, these are the kind of changes that the world is longing for.

Thank you Lord for your kindness that changes everything.