Thursday, April 19, 2012

Trust Jesus For Your Eternal Destiny

A series on Jesus final teachings before his betrayal.


John 14:1-3 “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me."

2 "There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?"

3 "When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am."

Jesus has been predicting his death to his disciples and with the end of his ministry coming to an end soon, he gives them some words of encouragement for the days of trouble that are just around the corner. Jesus wants to give them peace for today and security and hope for the difficult days to come.

Jesus tells them that if they are already trusting God then they should be able to trust in him as well. Trusting God shouldn't be all that difficult to do, just take a look at his record for keeping promises, the Bible is full of examples of God's promises fulfilled.

The fact that Jesus was here on earth was one of the promises that God made that came to pass. We have heard it said that Jesus coming the first time fulfilled hundreds of prophecies, did you know that there are more prophecies of the second coming than there were of the first? We have every reason to believe that the second coming of Jesus will happen just as the Bible said that it would.

Don't worry about your future.

2 Timothy 1:12 That is why I am suffering here in prison. But I am not ashamed of it, for I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return.
The future is a scary thing for a lot of people, there is a sense inside of us that the physical life that we are a part of right now isn't all that there is. God knew that we would be anxious about our next minute, tomorrow and for our eternity.

I need to remember that the Bible is full of promises that I will be taken care of and that Jesus will return to take me home just as he promised. I need to live without fear of the future.

Thank you Lord for the promises that are in your word, the fulfillment of your promises thus far is proof that you will do what you have said that you will do. You are worthy of my trust for my eternal destination.