Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I Am Thankful For The People In My Life

God has put people in your life that you need to appreciate.


1 Timothy 2:1  I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.

1 Corinthians 1:4  I always thank my God for you and for the gracious gifts he has given you, now that you belong to Christ Jesus.

2 Thessalonians 1:3 Dear brothers and sisters, we can’t help but thank God for you, because your faith is flourishing and your love for one another is growing.

The apostle Paul loved people, he looked out for the people that he came into contact with as he traveled and in the places where he lived for an extended stay. Paul's letters that he sent to the churches that he planted shows us that he loves people, he tells us in today's scripture that we need to pray for everybody, asking God to help them and to also thank God for them.

It is human nature to look out for ourselves and to neglect the people that God has placed in our lives. We think of ourselves a little too often and take people for granted or use them for our own gain, it is easy to complain about them and wish that they would behave better or do things the way we want but God tells us to treat them with the same grace that has been given to us.

I am thankful for my wife and kids

My family are the most important people in my life. Sometimes the least appreciated people in our lives can be the ones that matter the most. I try to live each day as the best husband and dad that I can be and look out for their needs and wants but I fall short and I need to say thank you to them for allowing me to be in their life, I hope that I am a  positive influence in their lives. The scripture that I am looking at today has shown me that I need to improve by praying for them more and "intercede on their behalf."

I am thankful for the pastors that God has put in my life

The Lord has placed some awesome men in my life as shepherds, men that have helped me to grow spiritually, men that I have served with in the church at home and on the mission field.

I am thankful for my friends and neighbors

I need to be thankful for every person that is in my part of the world. I need to encourage my brothers and sisters in Christ and I need to share the Lord to those that don't know him.

Lord help me to love people and appreciate them, help me to look out for their best interest and to be an encouragement to them. Thank you especially for my wife and kids!