Sunday, November 20, 2011

I Am Thankful For God's Deliverance

The Lord helps his children to overcome.


Psalm 35:9 Then I will rejoice in the Lord. I will be glad because he rescues me.

10 With every bone in my body I will praise him: “Lord, who can compare with you?

Who else rescues the helpless from the strong? Who else protects the helpless and poor from those who rob them?”

Psalm 66: 8 Let the whole world bless our God and loudly sing his praises. 9 Our lives are in his hands, and he keeps our feet from stumbling.

16 Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what he did for me. 17 For I cried out to him for help, praising him as I spoke. 18 If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.

19 But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer. 20 Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer or withdraw his unfailing love from me.

God's children have an ally that looks out for their well being. He rescues us from the messes that we make and from the many problems that come from the world around us. We may think that we need to look out for our own interest and keep our guard up and take care of things in our own strength but as King David said in Psalm 44:6 "I do not trust in my bow; I do not count on my sword to save me." He knew that it is all about God's strength and not his own.

Our lives are fragile but thankfully we have God on our side, we are totally dependent on him, whether we want to be or not, we don't have a choice in the matter.

God does not give us unlimited access to his blessings, we do not get these benefits without some responsibility on our part, if we continuously have unconfessed sin in our life God may not answer when we pray for help. We don't get a blank check from him to run around and do what we want, expecting to continue to receive his blessings, he will not allow us to abuse him.

God has rescued us from every possible foe, even death has been destroyed because of God's love for us that sent Jesus to earth so that he could deliver us from our ultimate enemy.

Thank you Lord for all of the many ways that you have saved us, you have saved us from our own mistakes, from our enemies and you saved us from death.