Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Quietly Waiting

We don't like to wait and we usually aren't quiet about it.


Psalm 130:5-6  I wait for Yahweh; I wait and put my hope in His word. 6 I wait for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning — more than watchmen for the morning

Lamentations 3:26  It is good to wait quietly for deliverance from the Lord.

Micah 7:7  But I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me.

Psalm 37:7  Be silent before the Lord and wait expectantly for Him

Waiting, we don't like it, we don't like to take a number, we want to be served immediately. It is really the most basic form of selfishness, we want to be served and we want it now, I don't deserve to wait. We become unhappy customers real quick and we will probably make some noise about it certainly somebody else needs to hear that I am waiting

We take the same attitude with God, we want service now, fix my problem, answer my prayer, get rid of my pain. Again, we become unhappy customers. Problem is, God isn't running a business in the free enterprise system and your immediate satisfaction isn't a concern.

God's word tells us that it is good to wait and it is good to do it quietly and with anticipation, expecting him to answer us in his timing. We forget that God isn't a slave to our calendar, he has a plan and purpose that was  created long ago and he made his plans with much greater wisdom than we have to make our plans.

Help me Lord to wait on you quietly.