Monday, August 01, 2011

Are You Looking Good

God wants me to be beautiful.



Matthew 23:27-28  “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which appear beautiful on the outside, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and every impurity. In the same way, on the outside you seem righteous to people, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

1 Samuel 16:7  Man does not see what the Lord sees, for man sees what is visible, but the Lord sees the heart.

Just like all of us, our God loves beauty, he created it and he loves it even more than we do. Take a look at all of the beauty that he created and it is very obvious that he loves it. The difference between us and our creator is that God perceives beauty in a totally different way.

We go around looking at the outward appearance of beauty, whether it is in the shape of our face or the price tag of our clothes, we want to be pleasing to the eyes but God has a totally different outlook on beauty.

Remember those Pharisees that Jesus looked at and how he saw past their outward efforts to look good? The people around them thought that these guys had it together but Jesus accused them of being whitewashed tombs, good looking on the outside but the inside was full of filth. Just look at the list of things that Jesus saw when he looked at them: unmerciful, proud, deceptive, liars, unjust, faithless, hypocrites, murderers.

Galatians 5:22-23  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

At the rate that I am going I will never be beautiful in the world's eyes. I need to seek to be beautiful in the Lord's eyes by having the fruit of the spirit permeate every part of my being so that my Father will be pleased with what he sees. I will be beautiful and the world will be attracted to me when I begin to look like my Lord.

I pray Lord that I will be a beautiful part of your creation, thank you for seeing me as your child, help me to be pleasing to you.